Monday, November 5, 2012

PB and J Can Change Lives

  What comes to mind when you hear, peanut butter and jelly?  Do you have flash backs from camp, singing Peanuuuut, Peanuuut-butter, and Jelly?  Do you picture picnics or lunch at home with your siblings?

  For me, PB & J always reminds me of my sweet friend April. (yes, we have the same name.)
Several years ago, when Savannah wasn't even a year old, she invited me over for lunch.  April said, all she had was PB & J, but I was welcome to join them.  I have to admit, I hated PB & J! But I wanted to be friends, so of course I accepted. It was the beginning of a very special friendship.  She taught me how to study the Bible, which completely transformed my life.  I learned more about God and how to share Him with our daughter. 

  Now, I enjoy eating PB & J.  Every time I see a jar of peanut butter I think of her and my heart fills with gratitude. Very thankful the Lord placed her in my life to teach me about himself. How to pass on our Christian faith to my children.  Thankful she opened up her home to a new mommy.  I cannot tell you if her home was immaculate. I have no idea what she wore or if her kids looked perfect.  What I do remember is, how good that PB & J tasted.  I remember her telling Jacob (who was 4 at the time) not to eat before prayer.  He and I sharing a laugh, since we both had taken bites.

  Next time you want to have a friend over, don't worry if what you make is perfect.  Remember, people just want to be accepted.  No one really cares what we serve them, it's more important how we make them feel.  PB and J is inexpensive and easy, but it can impact eternity. 

 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment