Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Fear of Hosting

  My husband and I love having friends over for dinner.  Chad often grills and preps the side dishes.  I'm in charge of drinks, setting out food and making everyone feel at home. Often our friends bring something to add to our meal. It's taken practice, but we've gotten pretty good at hosting large groups. 

  Recently I was talking to a friend about having people over.  Before this friend moved, we spent many nights eating dinner together.  I would make enchiladas and sides.  Her husband would often make desert.  She said, how much she missed having friends over for dinner.  That she lacked confidence in her ability to cook and that's why she doesn't host meals. 

  This is one of the funniest, kind hearted families I know.  People are missing out on laughter and connecting because of fear! I'm pretty sure she's not the only person making this mistake. Ack! Stupid fear! You are the death of so much joy.  I told her to buy  frozen lasagna, bag of salad, bread, paper products and make tea! There, done, easy! 

  Don't let Martha Stewart make you feel inferior! It's not the meal that makes a party, it's the heart of the host.  I could share a few MAJOR meal failures.  Sometimes those are the best, because we can have a good laugh.  Remember, people just want to feel welcomed into our homes and lives.  What's keeping you from hosting friends? 

 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment