Thursday, November 8, 2012

Media Fast Guidelines

  I've always been one to "toe the line".  Actually, my life before Christ had me hopping over the line and back, over and back, over...you get the idea.  Thankfully, He's grabbed a hold of me and I try my best not to jump over.  I still have a tendencies to put my "toe to the line".  So when I set up our Media Fast Rules I had to create specific guidelines.
  
#1 No T.V. during the day and limit night time. (except on Election Day.  It's part of history and was important for the kids to watch.)

#2 No Computer (Mainly, stay off Facebook, Pinterest and no games for the kids.  Starting this blog is ok, as long as it doesn't take away from time with family.)

  Confession, On Election day and the next I jumped over the line and onto Facebook.  I wanted to hear what others were saying.  Many of my friends said, their facebook was covered with hateful messages and post of total despair.  I'm happy that wasn't the case on mine and signed off encouraged from family and friends. 

  Now I'm off the F-B again.  The kids are awake and reading books at my feet.  Really, they are! I'm not saying that to make myself look good. Taking T.V. out of our day has been a huge blessing.  {seeing guideline #1. and kids needing breakfast}  Gotta run...

No comments :

Post a Comment